1. Tell us a little bit about A&E Networks
A+E Network™ UK, a joint venture between A+E Networks™ and BSkyB, is a leading broadcaster representing a portfolio of high-quality, ground-breaking factual channels including HISTORY™, HISTORY™HD, Crime & Investigation Network® and Crime & Investigation Network® HD, BIO™ and H2®. A+E Networks UK launched in November 1995, and operates channels in 27 countries across the UK, Scandinavia, the Benelux, Central & Eastern Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East and is available in more than 67 million homes and in 22 languages.
2. What problems were you facing that set out to solve?
Our online production platform was at bursting point and we had limited avenues to offload the content in a fast, secure and integrated way.
3. How long have you had your MatrixStore and how is it used?
About 8 months and it is used as a nearline platform to our production tier and due to its flexibility, we have also been able to roll out access to the storage to multiple departments around the business as it doesn’t behave solely as a production nearline, it’s very flexible.
4. Has it worked as expected, better than expected or not as expected?
It has worked as expected, fast, resilient and able to handle anything we throw at it.
5. How do you rate MatrixStore for protecting your data?
We haven’t lost anything yet, so top marks.
6. How much time do you spend Managing MatrixStore?
Not too much once you’re all set up. All we do is push and pull content from it with occasional housekeeping on the content, not the hardware.
7. How do you rate Object Matrix as an organisation to deal with?
Top notch, open to new ideas and are certainly listening to their customer’s requirements and spending time understanding how they want to work.
8. How do you plan to use MatrixStore in the future?
Nearline between our online and planned archive LTO tier.
9. Comment on overall experience working with Object Matrix:
Excellent, helpful and keen to understand us as a customer with a solid technical solution to our storage challenges.
10. Programs made using MatrixStore
Storage Wars, Duck Dynasty, Counting Cars, Pawn Stars, Ice Road Truckers, American Pickers, American Restoration, Shipping Wars, Swamp People, Ax Men, Mud Men, Hardcore Pawn, Nightmare In Suburbia to name a few.