Press release announcing the launch of the MatrixStore/Xendata integration.
Object Matrix to leverage XenData LTO archive technology to offer customers greater choice and flexibility
Walnut Creek, Calif. and Cardiff, UK – August 14, 2012 – XenData, the leading provider of LTO archive solutions to the media and entertainment industry, and Object Matrix, provider of resilient near-line disk storage platforms for video workflows, today announced their partnership to provide a comprehensive, end to end solution that will enable customers to automate and move content seamlessly from near-line disk to LTO tape.
The combined solution integrates MatrixStore near-line disk storage and any LTO archive server running XenData6 Server software, including the XenData SX-10 Archive Appliance and the XenData SX-500 Series of archive servers. The solution supports a wide range of robotic LTO tape libraries, including models from Dell, HP, IBM, Oracle, Overland Storage, Qualstar, Quantum, Sony, Spectra Logic and Tandberg.
As a result of the technology partnership, customers now have greater range of choice, as they will not only be able to benefit from MatrixStore disk storage, but will have the option to archive to LTO tape. The combined solution provides the following benefits:
- The ability to automatically move files and associated metadata between MatrixStore near-line disk and any LTO tape library supported by XenData
- Files may be automatically or manually deleted from the MatrixStore near-line disk after they have been archived to LTO, freeing up disk space
- The option to automatically replicate LTO tape cartridges which allows one of the replica cartridges to be exported from the tape library and retained in a secure offsite location for enhanced data protection
- Long term retention of content on LTO cartridges – which provide a minimum data life of 30 years – in an open standard tar format or in LTFS, ensuring access to the content for decades to come
- Management of externalized LTO cartridges which effectively provides an unlimited storage capacity for the combined storage solution
“By partnering with XenData we are able to offer our customers greater flexibility and choice, while enabling them to benefit from both disk as well as LTO tape storage,” said Nick Pearce, co-founder of Object Matrix. “XenData’s deep heritage in tape-based digital video archiving technologies, combined with their experience and long-standing commitment to open standards ensures our customers will benefit from an excellent complementary offering.”
“Given disk-based storage and LTO tapes are complementary technologies ideal for managing the lifecycle of video assets, collaborating with Object Matrix was an easy choice,” said Mark Broadbent, CTO and co-founder of XenData. “Object Matrix has developed a great solution for object storage and we look forward to partnering with them to offer customers enhanced flexibility.”
The joint Object Matrix and XenData storage solution, already awaited by a number of major broadcasters, will be showcased at IBC 2012, September 7-11 on the XenData booth H47 in Hall 7.
XenData is a leading provider of digital video archiving solutions tailored specifically to serve the media and entertainment industry. XenData’s solutions range from cost-effective LTO workstation archives to multiple petabyte server systems. They are built on industry standards andprovide the high-performance and functionality required to meet today and tomorrow’s demanding digital video applications.
TV stations, global broadcasters, media service providers, video production and post-production organizations using XenData’s solutions are able to benefit from significant cost-savings, ease of integration with other standards-based systems, as well as long-term assured access to their video assets. With digital video archive servers installed in over 50 countries worldwide, XenData is trusted by some of the largest broadcasters and media companies. For more information visit: www.xendata.com