This Support Services SLA applies when you purchase the following support services from Object Matrix:
- MatrixStore Cluster Server Software support;
- MatrixStore Client Software Tools (as supplied by Object Matrix) support; and
- MatrixStore Hardware support,
(together the “Support Services”).
1. Service Commitment
1.1. Object Matrix will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide the Support Services in accordance the “Response Times”, as described in paragraph 2.2 below, during each month (the “Service Commitment”).
1.2. In the event the Support Services do not meet the Service Commitment (a “Support Service Failure”):
1.2.1. you must notify Object Matrix in writing of the Support Service Failure in accordance with paragraph 3 below; and
1.2.2. subject to paragraph 1.2.1, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described in paragraph 2.
2. Service Credits
2.1. Subject to paragraph 4, Service Credits are calculated as the percentage (specified below) of the total Support Service Fee paid by you with respect to the Support Service for the month in which the Service Failure occurred. The total Service Credits payable in respect of each month shall not exceed 100% of the Support Service Fee due in the month when the Service Failure occurred.
2.2. Response Times
Service Level Response Time
Support Service Failure Credit Percentage
|For Low Priority Incidents:|
|Issue diagnosis||3 business days||10%|
|For Critical Incidents:|
|Issue diagnosis||12 business hours||10%|
|Issue resolution||3 business days||50%|
Service Credits in respect of a Support Service Failure must be claimed by the Customer within 60 days of the Service Failure.
Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any Support Service Failures (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any non-performance, or other failure in respect of the Hardware or Software) is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
3. Credit Request and Payment Procedures
3.1. Support tickets must be raised by following the instructions set out in https://support.object-matrix.com/support/solutions/121687. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second month after which the Support Service Failure occurred and must include:
3.1.1. the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
3.1.2. the billing cycle with respect to which you are claiming Service Credits together with the dates and times of each Support Service Failure that you are claiming; and
3.1.3. your support ticket that document claimed incident(s) when the Support you received did not meet the Service Commitment (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks); and
3.1.4. details of the time periods for which you were unable to use the Hardware or Software or where the Hardware or Software was not functioning correctly (as applicable) due to the Support Service Failure.
3.2. If the Response Time(s) applicable in respect of the Support Services is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you by offsetting the amount of the Service Credit from your next invoice. In the event that there are no subsequent invoices payable by you, we shall pay you the Service Credit within 30 days of termination or expiry of the Agreement unless otherwise agreed. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
3.3. A Support Service Failure cannot be carried forward into another month and the Service Credit shall only apply in respect of Support Service Failures during the month to which they arose.
3.4. This SLA relates only to the Support Services for Hardware and Software as specified herein. Service Credits in respect of the unavailability of Object Matrix Cloud Services or hosted software (as applicable) are governed by a separate SLA, which is available at: www.object-matrix.com/legal/sla-cloud.
4. SLA Exclusions
4.1. The Service Commitment does not apply to, and Object Matrix shall be relieved of its liability in respect of, any Support Service Failure (including for the avoidance of doubt unavailability, suspension or termination) of its Software or Hardware which occur as a result of:
4.1.1. factors outside of Object Matrix reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems;
4.1.2. that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party, including (but not limited to) your breach of the Agreement;
4.1.3. that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, hardware, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control);
4.1.4. arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use the Software or Cloud Services in accordance with the Agreement; or
4.1.5. any planned maintenance undertaken by Object Matrix which is notified to you in advance; or
4.1.6. emergency maintenance;
(collectively, the “SLA Exclusions”).
4.2. If the Response Times are impacted by factors other than those used in our calculation of the Service Credit Percentage, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
5. Definitions and Interpretation
5.1. The following definitions shall apply to this SLA:
- “Agreement” means the terms and conditions entitled Object Matrix Master Customer Terms and all documents referred to or incorporated therein (as varied or updated from time to time).
- “Business Hours” means 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday on Business Days.
- “Cloud Services” means the cloud services procured by you from Object Matrix as described in the Quote.
- “Critical Incident” means that the Customer cannot access the majority of their data stored through any means or there has been loss of data for any reason other than for a reason except an SLA Exclusion.
- “Incident” means either a Critical Incident or Low Priority Incident.
- “Low Priority Incident” means any issue with the Hardware or Software which is not a Critical Incident.
- “Hardware” means the hardware procured by you from Object Matrix as described in the Quote.
- “Quote” means the electric or physical form (including its schedules, annexes and appendices (if any)) ordering certain services entered into by you (or on your behalf) and Object Matrix, incorporating Agreement.
- A “Service Credit” is a monetary credit (issued in the currency specified on the Quote), calculated in accordance with paragraph 2, that Object Matrix may credit back to in accordance with this SLA.
- “Software” means the software procured to you by Object Matrix as described in the Quote.
- “Support Service Fee” means the fees payable by the Customer to Object Matrix in respect of the Support Services.
5.2. Any other terms or definitions used in this SLA but not defined shall have the meaning given to them in the Agreement.
5.3. For the avoidance of doubt, this SLA forms part of, and is governed by, the terms set out in the Agreement.
6. Support Contact Information
Helpdesk hotline: +44 2920 382308
Out of hours support: +44 161 922 8507 (only available with 24/7 support)