Come and Work With Us
Are you a tech whizz? A passionate salesperson? Or do you love delving into the depths of software development? We’ve a wide range of roles available at Object Matrix, all focused on providing amazing object storage for the media and broadcast industry. Take a look at the job positions below and see if you’re a good fit for the OM team!
We aren’t currently hiring any new team members, but watch this space for future updates!
Technical Infrastructure Engineer
What You’ll Be Doing
If you love working with technology, this is the job for you! Object Matrix works with VMs, operating systems, applications (selection, setup, support), data rooms, data centres, hardware, servers, storage, cloud, networking and generally a wide range of technical tasks and challenges, both with our internal IT infrastructure and with the solutions that we deliver to our customers.
Object Matrix is looking to hire a Technical Infrastructure Engineer to work with a range of technologies. We are a dynamic company, based in the centre of Cardiff, who works with 100+ leading media companies around the world. Media companies like BBC, BT, ITN, and NBC. The solution we deliver to those companies is a scalable object storage solution together supporting applications. Typically delivered on Linux based solutions, but also using Windows and Mac from time to time.
The role will suit an experienced engineer who loves technology, loves implementing great solutions and who has an active but methodical mind.
What We’d Like You to Have:
No-one will have all these skills, but the more the better!
- LINUX skills, e.g. kernel builds
- Cloud technologies: SSO, DBs, services etc.
- Hardware configuration knowledge (servers, storage, switching)
- Selection and implementation of applications such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Network topologies and design
- Scripting and automation (any language, Ansible, Puppet)
- Virtual environments such as HyperVisor, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
The role will also consist of supporting existing systems and infrastructure for Object Matrix solutions, which provide object storage and client applications.
Occasional heavy lifting is involved, for example putting servers into racks.
- 3+ years experience
- Good verbal and written English
- Broadcast and media technology experience
- Storage system experience
- Relevant qualifications (HND, BSc, BTEC etc.)
What You Get in Return
- Senior role (depending on experience) – we’d look to improve your current position
- Flexible working: once you’re up to speed, you can work from home. With the team, they have an option to work a 4 or a 5 day week
- 25 days vacation + public holidays
- Company pension scheme