Object Matrix, the leading provider of integrated object storage to the media and entertainment industries, today announces that Banijay Nordic , one of the world’s top 3 independent media content groups, has deployed 300 terabytes of MatrixStore object storage to provide consolidated nearline storage for multiple workflows at its Stockholm offices in Sweden.
Using disparate silos of storage to secure, and find, content in an environment that simultaneously produces multiple shows in multiple formats can be error prone, time consuming, stressful and often blocks staff from performing tasks that add value to the business. Providing simultaneous, instant access to that content from multiple teams with multiple workflows is another challenge altogether. With hundreds of titles to manage, Banijay Nordic , in Stockholm, faced the following challenges:
- Ensuring content to be ingested is guaranteed to be secure and verified
- Sharing that content across teams and with external clients with minimal manual intervention
- Protecting and accessing content from more than one workflow. They did not want to purchase, manage and support disparate pools of cheap storage
- Ease of management. Taking time out to manage the storage and complex media management was not an option
- Data should compliment their existing Avid ISIS environment
- The solution should be able to grow in capacity and workflows with the option of implementing a business continuity strategy at a later date
- The solution needed to provide a timely return on investment
After researching various options, Object Matrix was selected as it provided the closest match to the Banijay Nordic requirements in terms of functionality, cost, integrations and return on investment:
- Compliments the existing Avid infrastructure
- Secure Vaults provide the ability to support multiple workflows in line with Banijay Nordic’s own security and data management rules
- A scalable and intelligent solution that requires little or no management
- Provided a strategic platform for future workflows within the organisation
- High availability of data and automatic failover in case of a hardware failure with the option to add a disaster recovery and business continuity workflow at a later date
- Vision browser, with Glookast proxy generation, providing instant access to content and ability to share that content with internal teams
“Conducting our research, we knew we needed a storage system that could not only meet our current, and future, requirements around ingest and post-production workflows but also free up our staff to move away from storage and media management to work on tasks that add value to the core business.” stated Mikael Royson| Group CFO Banijay Nordic “ Object Matrix was the storage partner that offered the most viable solution to meet our current needs as well as the needs we may have in the future. “ he added.
Object Matrix object storage, and integrated workflow solutions, are trusted by the post-production community across the globe to protect digital assets in a manner that allows them to be protected, tagged and shared on demand. Self-managing, private cloud technology, coupled intuitive and easy to use interfaces, enables transformational change that brings rapid returns on the investment for any organisation.
“Working with Banijay Nordic to meet both their tactical and strategic goals and also for them to be our first customer in Sweden is an honour.” stated Nick Pearce, co-founder Object Matrix. “It is also further proof that global organisations that manage thousands of hours of footage require more innovative solutions, like those provided by Object Matrix, to protect, curate and share their assets”.
The MatrixStore platform chosen by Banijay Nordic consists of:
- 300 terabytes net of 10gigE connected nearline storage
- Vision (with Glooport from Glookast) for browsing and sharing content
- DropSpot ingest and content parking
- MXFS (MatrixStore file system) and SMB file system interfaces.
Object Matrix valued partner, Stockholm based Digital Video Tools, managed the design and implementation process and provides on-going support of the installation.