Nearline Storage for AVID Workflows
Avid shared storage is designed to guarantee streams of data to your editors, it is not designed for secure digital preservation. MatrixStore is the secure nearline platform providing cost effective parking space for ongoing projects. It fits seamlessly into AVID workflows protecting digital assets and making them available through the Avid suite of editing and asset management applications. It is the perfect nearline archive solution to complement your existing AVID ISIS/Unity platform.
Browse clips in MatrixStore with AMA or open OPAtom files directly in Media Composer before bringing back to the Avid production storage platforms. The Avid workflows have been developed to allow administrators or end users to easily push content to and from MatrixStore with minimal effort or specific IT storage knowledge.
Avid Workflow Highlights
AMA and Avid Native Files: Allows for content to be viewed directly from MatrixStore. Browse or rough edit from MatrixStore using Avid AMA or view native Avid files directly. Consolidate clips, or parts of clips, to and from the Avid shared storage with ease.
Workspaces: Archive entire workspaces or directories with a single click. Add meta-data on the fly to find the content at a later date. Mount the workspace directory in MatrixStore to allow for quick browsing of content before bringing it back to the ISIS.
AAF: Move or park a project by creating an AAF of a project and push the AAF to MatrixStore using DropSpot. A simple drag and drop operation to ensure your productions keep moving.
Interplay: Push content to MatrixStore using the Object Matrix InterConnect application. Stay within the Media Composer or Interplay Access environment and simply drop projects into an archive space. InterConnect and MatrixStore manages the rest.
- Cost-effective and resilient nearline storage for AVID ISIS and Unity environments
- Allows Avid shared storage to be kept mean and lean
- Access popular clips on-demand without clogging up your production platforms.
- Reduces management overheads and processes
- Allows efficient and robust Avid workflows to be implemented and enforced
- Perfect for rushes/dailies protection, nearline and deep archiving
- Integrates with Avid Interplay and supports Avid AMA
- Accessible via Media Composer, Interplay and others
- Browse content in the nearline before bringing it back to ISIS or Unity production storage
- Resilient. Provides 99.999% data availability
- Fully scalable capacity and performance