1. Tell us a little bit about Piranha Bar
Piranha Bar is a full service Post Production Facility producing Commercials and Broadcast programming.
2. What problems were you facing that set out to solve?
With the move to Tapeless recording we needed to be able to handle very large files and store them securely whilst giving access to multiple edit suites on multiple platforms.
3. How long have you had your MatrixStore and how is it used?
We have had it two years now and it is used as nearline storage to support our Edit & Flame Suites.
4. Has it worked as expected, better than expected or not as expected?
It has worked as expected and has allowed us to build realistic workflows that require us to process large amounts of Data and meet strict Broadcast Deadlines for delivery.
5. How do you rate MatrixStore for protecting your data?
We chose MatrixStore because of the security it offers in redundancy etc. Given the sensitive nature of Digital Rushes, it was very important that as much redundancy as possible was built in and that it was easy to use.
6. How much time do you spend Managing MatrixStore?
Thankfully very little. The user interface is easy and intuitive to use and makes data management pretty straightforward.
7. How do you rate Object Matrix as an organisation to deal with?
Pleasant, fast and responsive, couldn’t ask for more.
8. How do you plan to use MatrixStore in the future?
MatrixStore will continue to be central to our facility as it is integral to our Workflows.
9. Comment on overall experience working with Object Matrix:
Its been great, the hardware itself has been ultra reliable and when there has been an issue it has been dealt with quickly and efficiently.
10. Programs made using MatrixStore?
The Voice of Ireland, Masterchef Ireland, The Apprentice Ireland, Celebrity Bainisteoir, Secret Millionaire, Dive WW2,No Time To die and many other programmes, Too many commercials to mention.
Website : Piranha Bar