Object Matrix, the leading provider of object based nearline storage to the media and entertainment industries today introduces the following new features and product offerings to be launched at the International Broadcast Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam:
- MatrixStore Vision – A new web based browser application that enables users to search for, examine, add metadata and restore content that is protected in MatrixStore object storage. Vision is a complementary addition to the Object Matrix portfolio of products. MatrixStore Vision takes full advantage of the recently released PiP (Process in Place) functionality that uses the power of the MatrixStore cluster to examine new content and to enrich metadata. A Beta version of MatrixStore Vision will be available for demonstration at IBC.
- MatrixStore as a Service – After building up a strong reputation for on premises nearline archive solutions Object Matrix will launch MatrixStore as a hosted storage service at IBC in September. Deployed as hosted service only, or as a hybrid mix of on premises and hosted, the solution provides a more open and vertically integrated offering but at Amazon and Microsoft Azure economics. The service will initially launch in the UK but will be offered in Europe, Canada, Brazil and the wider global market based on demand. If you are interested in an OPEX model to implement disaster recovery or business continuity strategies then please do get in touch.
- S3 Compatible – The MatrixStore object storage API is mature product that is used by a number of Object Matrix partners and customers. With more focus being placed on standardized interfaces within the storage and broadcast industries Object Matrix will release an Amazon S3 interface to its popular MatrixStore object storage platform.
- Performance Shift – The Object Matrix R&D have focused the last 12 years on digital preservation and workflow integrations. Ensuring data is always available in a non-disruptive manner to the end user. The MatrixStore product is renowned for being strong in both security and features. Today Object Matrix announces that MatrixStore performance has been under the microscope. The theoretical findings were exciting, the results astounding. The new performance provides 100% improvement in bandwidth and opens up new workflows and revenue streams. MatrixStore has always been more than just a file system but today enhanced workflows such as nearline editing, faster QC and transcode became a reality.
“The last 6 months has been the most exciting period of time in Object Matrix history. The development team has doubled in size and today we are seeing the very impressive results of that investment”, stated Jonathan Morgan, MD of Object Matrix. “Our object storage not only allows you to securely store assets at the full speed of your network bandwidth but now also provides simple, effective and robust options to move data off premises and onto hosted storage”.
New Technology Partners
The past 6 months have been very busy for the MatrixStore integration team. Both by strategic decision and by customer requests Object Matrix has grown its list of technical partners and offers an almost industry-wide array of certified workflows. New workflows include:
- Sony (stand 12.a10) – Object Matrix will also be present on the Sony stand showing nearline and deep archive storage workflows
- Dalet (stand 8b77) – ingest, transcode and archive workflows
- Grass Valley – Stratus MAM and K2 Storage Certification
- VidCheck – Automated and scalable QC
- Strongbox – HSM to LTO/ODA
- Tedial – end to end MAM workflows with Tedial Evolution
- Glookast (stand 7.d03) – Intelligent Proxy driven disaster recovery workflows
Object Matrix will be present at the IBC Expo on Stand 6.C28b and also 12.A10 (Sony) from 12th September.
Appointments with sales and technical teams can be booked by contacting Object Matrix: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 2920 382308.