1. Tell us a little bit about Director’s Cut
Directors Cut Films is a Post Production company based in Oxford Circus offering top end editing & finishing facilities to television & feature producers.
2. What problems were you facing that set out to solve?
The rapid conversion from tape/film to file based digital acquisition meant we had to find very reliable but cost effective near line storage to keep client media safe.
3. How long have you had your MatrixStore and how is it used?
We are in our second year of ownership & we use it as near line storage for our edit stations.
4. Has it worked as expected, better than expected or not as expected?
It has worked exactly as expected, no loss and no downtime.
5. How do you rate MatrixStore for protecting your data?
We regard the MatrixStore as a very secure store for master media. We advise our clients to do the same with MatrixStore in their facilities.
6. How much time do you spend Managing MatrixStore?
MatrixStore needs very little management just routine checks for available space.
7. How do you rate Object Matrix as an organisation to deal with?
Dealing with team at Object Matrix has always been a pleasant experience, support, sales and management.
8. How do you plan to use MatrixStore in the future?
We intend to further develop MatrixStore as part of our Avid Interplay integration.
9. Comment on overall experience working with Object Matrix:
MatrixStore has become an invisible yet fundamental part of our facility workflow.
10. What is made using MatrixStore?
All our programmes go through the MatrixStore including currently:
– Love Your Garden
– Countdown to Murder
– The South Bank Show
– Nine Months Later
– Plain Jane
Also some feature films including John Pilger’s Utopia and the soon to be released Hermitage Revealed.