Champions League Cardiff
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you’ll probably have heard that Cardiff will play host to the UEFA Champions League Final this weekend. Being based in Cardiff ourselves there is a buzz in the air of the city!
Understandably, some businesses are concerned about the disruption caused by such a large event, especially in terms of travelling to and from work or getting deliveries. But from our perspective, we’re pretty chuffed to see such an event on our doorstep, boosting the local economy as well as Cardiff’s profile as a great Welsh city.
As an organisation working within the media and entertainment industry, what we’re most excited about is the fact that much of the Sport TV world will soon be descending on our home city, to manage, monitor and broadcast one of the most popular sporting events on the globe.
Here are some stats for the game:
- It is predicted to be the most watched sporting event in the world this year
- An estimated global TV audience of 400 million in over 200 territories watched the previous final; 180m of those live. However, that final was down from 2012-13 which had a drawing 360 million television viewers
- Some 28 million people had 76 million Facebook interactions related to the previous final – that’s expected to go up!
- On twitter, there were almost 2 million mentions of #UCLfinal
- Previous winners:
- Spain 13 winners
- Italy 12 winners
- England 12 winners
- Germany 6 winners
- Nottingham Forest has won the cup more times than they have won their own domestic league!
(Sources www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League)
So, if you are heading to Cardiff to film the Champions League and need some help with your digital content governance, you will be right on our doorstep.
About Object Matrix
Object Matrix provides digital content governance and object storage platforms. The company was built on the philosophy that archive systems should be scalable and interoperable, as well as ensuring instant access to data and metadata. Its flagship product, MatrixStore, is an integrated object storage software solution providing protection and governance for the lifetime of any digital content. It’s used by global organisations that create, curate, and distribute video content, including NBC Universal, TV Globo, the BBC and BT.